Tennis on Campus Spring Invitational 2015
For the first time, spring break for area school districts from March 27 to April 5 will blossom with a SUNY Oswego Cruisin’ the Campus calendar of events that offers a wealth of opportunities for the general public to engage more fully in the life of the college, in academic ways as well as in recreation, entertainment and athletic events.
With college in session during that span, President Deborah F. Stanley has invited the community to the inaugural Cruisin’ the Campus at Spring Break, featuring art, dance, music, global engagement, a lecture, a movie screening and a panel discussion, in addition to personal-fitness venues, nature walks, shopping and a full roster of scheduled athletic events.
Parking will be free; no permit is required during the Cruisin’ events, although reserved, handicap and overnight restrictions still apply.
The campus will be abuzz with activities, and the public is welcome to any and all, Stanley said. Following are just a few examples from the packed roster of opportunities available across campus as March gives way to April:
* “Race and Global Engagement: Student Perspectives, ” 12:30 p.m. Monday, March 30, in Room 220 of the Marano Campus Center, one of a series organized by the college’s Institute for Global Engagement.
* “These Kids Today: Contemporary Adolescents and Their Contemporary Issues, ” 7 p.m. Monday, March 30, in Room 133 of the Marano Campus Center, a talk by Victor Licatese of the SUNY Oswego psychology faculty as part of the Oz Talks Lecture Series.
* “Human Trafficking in New York, ” 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 31, in Room 114 of the Marano Campus Center, a panel discussion featuring Judge Theodore H. Limpert of Syracuse City Court, Capt. Mark Lincoln of the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation and others.
* Del Sarte dance club recitals, 7 p.m. Saturday, March 28, and 3:30 p.m. Sunday, March 29, in the Marano Campus Center arena. Tickets for $8 ($7 for SUNY Oswego students) are available online at tickets.oswego.edu or SUNY Oswego box offices, or by calling 312-2141 beginning March 23.
* Music department convocation recital, 3 p.m. Wednesday, April 1, in Sheldon Hall ballroom, a voice studio recital consisting of art songs and spirituals of African American composers.
* Art exhibitions: The spring Master of Arts Exhibition, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, March 27, and regular hours thereafter in Tyler Art Gallery on the second floor of Penfield Library; and “Transitions, ” noon to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, March 27 and 28, and Wednesday through Saturday, April 1 to 4, at Oswego State Downtown, corner of Bridge and West First streets in Oswego.
* “La Bamba, ” 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 1, in the Marano Campus Center auditorium, screening the movie about the life of rock ‘n’ roll legend Ritchie Valens, directed by Luis Valdez and starring Lou Diamond Phillips.
* “Exoplanets!” a bonus show at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 1, in the planetarium on the second floor of the Richard S. Shineman Center for Science, Engineering and Innovation. Shows at 7 p.m. Sundays continue, including “Stars of Spring” on March 29 and “Exoplanets!” on April 5.
You might also like
University of Georgia Slip On Tennis Shoes for Toddlers Size 12
Weiss Schwarz - Tennis Club President, Hakodate - KLK/S27-E035 - C (KLK/S27-E035) - KILL la KILL
Toy (Bushiroad Inc.)
WUXING Women's Sport Casual Thick Sole Silver Platform Shoes (5 B(M)US, pink)