Dog ate tennis ball Throwing up
Three-year-old bull mastiff Ryder had been feeling off his game for a while and stunned his owner when he threw up not one, but two tennis balls.
Gillian Murison thought her pet would be back to his usual self after the ordeal, but when it was clear he was still not well, she brought him to the Blue Cross hospital in Victoria.
X-rays then revealed that there was yet another tennis ball in Ryder’s stomach.
Vets had to operate on the poor pooch immediately to remove the offending ball, and his relieved owner, who has no idea how Ryder got a hold of the balls, has said she'll have to keep a close eye on her mischievous dog in the future.
She said: “When they found the third ball, I almost cried with relief – I was so worried about him.
"I never give Ryder tennis balls to play with, so I can’t understand how this happened – he must have found them in the park, " she added.
Unfortunately, Ryder's predicament was not a stand-alone case for Blue Cross.
Just a couple of weeks before, a nine-month-old husky was rushed into the charity’s Merton based hospital after being sick several times.
Nine-month-old husky Casper also ate two tennis balls
When they found the third ball, I almost cried with relief – I was so worried about him.
Vets her amazed to see two foreign bodies show up in x-rays of the dog's stomach and intestines, so he was rushed into emergency surgery, where they removed two tennis balls.
Happily, after his surgery the dog, called Casper, was well enough to go home – but not before his owner had removed all the tennis balls from the house.
Blue Cross veterinary surgeon Nigel Smith said, “It is unusual for us to remove quite so many tennis balls in such a short space of time, but sadly it’s not an uncommon problem. We would advise owners of large dogs not to give them tennis balls to play with.
You might also like
SKLZ Rain Maker - Trajectory & Rebounding Basketball Trainer