Bear claw tennis ball collector
The Bear Claw Tennis Ball Collector uses a camera with color tracking to locate the tennis ball. The robot then navigates to the tennis ball. A mechanical claw grabs the tennis ball and lifts it into an onboard basket. The basket is easily removed to allow for retrieval of the tennis balls.
- Full armor plating
- Our robot's structural frame is made entirely from 6061-T6 aluminum. This aluminum body fully protects the robot against any stray balls which might hit it on a tennis court. A 3/8" thick piece of cast acrylic provides a strong yet clear window for the camera to view through.
- Removable basket
- A large plastic basket allows for the robot to pick up lots of tennis balls before having to be unloaded.
- Quick outdoor/indoor settings switch
- Located inside the electronics component, this switch allows for different tennis ball color tracking based on inside or outside lighting conditions.
- Wide angle of view
- The camera is mounted above the robot allowing the robot to see tennis balls both at close range and up to several yards away. A servo mounted on the bottom of the camera allows for the robot to pan the camera rather than turn the whole chassis.
- Controls panel
- A panel on the rear of the robot provides easy feedback on the robot's behavior. The red LED blinks as the robot operates, the yellow LED indicates that a ball has been found, and the green LED indicates that the robot is aligned to grab the ball.
- Quick access top
- A lightweight aluminum cover mounted on hinges allows for easy access to electronics component. This provides convenience in reprogramming or fine tuning of the robot.
You might also like
Bambino Balls Short Sleeve Tennis Outfit. Medium. Tennis Green and Gray.