Stick Tennis Grand Slam France
It may be a new franchise, but it has a storied history already. EA’s Grand Slam Tennis 2 has released the listing of cover athletes for their newest title. Tennis stars John McEnroe, Novak Djokovic and Maria Sharapova will grace the global covers of the game. Here’s a quick breakdown of who you can expect to find on your localized cover if you live in France, Spain, or Germany:
|John McEnroe, Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova||Global|
|Jo-Wilfred Tsonga, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal||France|
|Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova||Spain|
|Roger Federer, Boris Becker, Maria Sharapova||Germany|
The title will be moving away from the Wii-only release the first game had and on to the greener pastures of the Xbox 360 and the PS3. The game will also utilize the PS3’s Move controller with no word on whether Kinect support will be baked in as well.
The title contains a host of gameplay features including:
- All-New Total Racquet Control: The right analog stick has now become the control stick for mimicing the type of swing/shot you want to choose: smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys should become a bit easier with more accuracy and power this time around.
- Become a Champion: Wimbledon has become an exclusive title to be earned for the franchise, making you a true champion when you win all four majors in succession.
- PlayStation Move Support: Should feel just like the real thing.
- Legends of Now and Then: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams are just some pros able to be selected ingame.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. A new take on realistic tactics and strategies will become necessary when facing each legend.
- ESPN Grand Slam Tournament Classics: Relive some of the most memorable moments in tennis, from Borg versus McEnroe to Nadal versus Federer.
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will be available in stores worldwide by February 10, 2012, and in North America on February 14, 2012.
You might also like
Wilson Pro Staff 90 Tennis Racquet, 4.625
Sports (Wilson - Tennis)